Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chocolate Babies + 1

I just found this recipe, and altered it a little bit to fit the stuff I had at home. You can hardly taste the walnuts, if that's your concern.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • a little bit of water
  • raisins
  • 3-4tbsp cocoa
Directions:
  1. Put all things in a blender and chop/grind until a consistency that will easily be rolled into balls (if it's too dry/crumbly, add a little water and chop/grind again)
  2. Roll into balls
These remind me of these chocolate balls my friends and I used to make all the time:

"Neger/Chokladbollar"

Ingredients:
  • 3/8 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 2/3 cups oats
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • 3 tbsp strong cold coffee
  • coconut flakes
Directions:
  • Mix everything together but the coconut flakes
  • Roll into small balls
  • Pour the coconut flakes on a plate and roll the balls in the flakes
  • Refrigerate for a while

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks so much for the shout out. I love your idea to add raisins. Raisins make anything taste better :)

    ReplyDelete