Monday, October 12, 2009

Midterms are crazy so I made you some quinoa bread

I'm sorry for my lack of blogging, but when you've only had time to survive off of chocolate and peanut butter, and things I've made in bulk beforehand... then there's not much cooking I can blog about.
Perhaps this recipe for Quinoa bread (adapted from one of my favourite blogger's recipes CLICK) will make up for it?

I changed a few things that are probably more applicable to college students who do not have things like arrowroot or buckwheat flour available.

Note: You need to soak the quinoa over night.
Another note: I do not have spirulina as called for in the original recipe, and my bread turned out kind of bland because I didn't add any spices to it. If you like it bland, then do not add spices to it. It tastes kind of like corn bread.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 3/4 cups milk
  • 1 cup wholewheat flour
  • 2 cups of water
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbs honey or agave
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • optional: spices, salt, cinnamon, herbs, matcha, green machine powder
  1. Soak the 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water over night
  2. Rinse quinoa the next day and get rid of as much water as possible
  3. Mix milk, quinoa, eggs, honey/agave
  4. Pour in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, spices, matcha, green machine powder
  5. Combine together and put in a greased and flour-ed loaf pan
  6. Bake for about 45-50 minutes
  7. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment